Top 5 Features Every 2016 Smartphone Must Have!
You will agree with me that 2015 was a year full of major advancement in technology, it was a year that ushered in the most talked about blackberry priv, Iphone 6+ among others. Well 2016 promises to even more better.
Advancements in technology has made it possible for a lot of groundbreaking improvements in the smartphone design and specifications. 2015 saw some of these improvements showcased, but not really like they should be. Now that 2016 is here its safe to assume that all flagship smartphones this year will and must spot some if not all of these features I want to mention herein.
1. Type-C USB Port. Sometimes ago I wrote an article that explains the reason why every smartphone OEM should adopt the USB Type-c port in every of their models, be it entry level, low-end,mid-range or flagships. With this new cable technology adopted, all devices including your laptops can be powered by just one cable. Thereby eliminating the cumbersome task of going about with many chargers for your gadgets. Then another advantage is that you don't also has to care how you plug in your cable to its port. The USB Type-c charging port alows for reversed orientation, which means anyway you plug it in, it works. Some devices like the Gionee Elife S-PLUS is already rocking this feature. Trust more devices to follow suit this year.
2. Hybrid Sim: Smartphone manufacturers are trying their best to make phone a lot more slimer and less bulky, so they are looking for innovative ways to co-join some functions. That's how we got the hybrid Sim system that allows you to chose to use the second sim slot instead as a storage expansion slot. The space that was supposed to house the memory card slot is used for something else.
3. Android Marshmallow 6.0: Last year few smartphones came out the box with Android version 6.0 Marshmallow. They included phones like Nexus 6p, HTC One A9. But this year will be different. A lot of flagships or mid-range devices will sport this new Android version out of the box. Current statistics shows that a mere 0.7% Android devices rocks the Android Lollipop version. That definitely will increase this year. And the version 6.0 Marshmallow will follow suit.
4. Fingerprint scanner: This is the new way of security. It allows you and you alone access to your handset and the files and applications stored in. Latest devices have their Fingerprint sensor located right on the unlock button and its sure that if any OEM wants their high-end devices to be taken seriously it must have this feature.
5. Fast charging technology: Battery power is a nightmare for all phone manufacturers including Apple. Hence OEMs like Gionee have battery with capacity as high as 6000mAh in some of their Marathon series. Well another way around this is to have a fast charge enabled device so that you can drastically reduce the amount of time to charge a device fully. Many top smartphones already have this feature. We expect it to continue and even improved on.
This year promises to be an interesting one technologically. With the innovations on displayed at the ongoing CES 2016, it points to that direction.
Labels: android tips