Have you updated your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and you wish to root it, well i have a good news for you today, you can now root your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge with ease, you might be wondering why the need to root your smartphone, pls and pls, i will advice if you are not much of someone that can calmly handle things i suggest you kindly ignore this post to avoid stories that touch. however rooting your android nullifies any warranty that might have came with your phone. but then it allows you to have a custom recovery of your phone and root access open up doors to even further tweaking and modifications.
Rooting your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge will enable you to Customize vibration intensity, kernel level enhancements like Double Tap to Wake, Gestures etc this and many more are just few of the things you can do thanks to custom kernels. Rooting your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge also gives you access to modify the system, uninstall system apps and disable services you don’t like. The possibilities are endless.
How To Root Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge on Marshmallow.
Pls note just like i stated earlier Rooting your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge void your warranty so be sure you actually want to root your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge before proceeding forward.
You will need either of the following three Custom kernels.
- Arter Kernel – Download here
- Hacker Kernel – Download here
- SpaceX Kernel – Download here
- Custom Recovery – Based on TWRP
- Galaxy S6 – Download here
- Galaxy S6 Edge – Download here
- SuperSU – For Root Access
- SuperSU SystemMode – Download here
- Odin – For Flashing Recovery
- Odin 3.10.7_3.zip – Download here
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Samsung USB drivers for phones – Download here
How To Root Galaxy S6 G920I & S6 Edge G925I on Marshmallow.
Make sure you have downloaded all the relevant files from above. You will have to download and save SuperSU file to your phone’s internal storage. Download and save any one of the custom kernels, the relevant recovery file, Odin and Samsung USB drivers to your PC.
Now, before getting started, you will have to set your PC up if you haven’t yet.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers on your computer.
- Extract the Odin folder to your desktop or in the Downloads folder.
- Transfer the Custom kernel and TWRP recovery file to the same folder for ease of access
How To Root Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge
Once you have completed the PC setup, you can begin the rooting process. While this process does not cause data loss generally, it is recommended that you backup your data just in case.
- Turn your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge off.
Now, you will have to boot your phone into the Download mode. To do so,
- press and hold these three buttons simultaneously for 2-3 seconds- Power, Volume Down, and Home.
- Open Odin in your PC
- Connect your phone to the computer.
- In Odin, click on Options and uncheck Auto Reboot.
- Click on AP and select the Arter TWRP recovery file that you’ve downloaded above.
Once the recovery flashing process is complete,
- you will have to reboot into recovery.
To reboot your phone into TWRP recovery,
- turn off your phone. Press and hold the power button to turn it off.
Once the phone has turned off,
- press and hold these three buttons simultaneously – Power, Volume Up and Home. You should now be in the TWRP recovery.
- Now, tap on Backup and select System, Data, and Boot (they are selected by default) and swipe to start the backup process.
Once the backup is complete,
- click on Home/Back buttons (virtual buttons in the TWRP recovery).
- Now click on Install and select the SuperSU SystemMode file that you downloaded above.
Once the process is complete,
- tap on Reboot and select System.
This will boot you back into Android.
Download and install SuperSU app from the Google Play Store. Click Here
Your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge should now be rooted.
Labels: how to, root